Monday, May 09, 2005

freefall

A few days ago, as I was searching thru the $5.50 movie bin at Wal-Mart.. I came across Point Break. What is Point Break? Pre-Speed Keanu Reeves, Post-Ghost Patrick Swayze, surfing, bank robbing, and most of all, skydiving.

Ah, Skydiving. What could be better? The exhilaration, the unbelievable rush, the freedom of just floating along. (plummeting toward the earth at one-thousand feet, per every five and a half seconds...) So exciting. The thing about skydiving is: I've never done it. I've thought about it, had dreams about it, seen movies with plenty of skydiving involved. I think there is even a hand-written list of things I plan on doing before I die, including skydiving somewhere in the top five... But, I've never done it. I can sit here and plan out what I'm gonna do when I skydive, Sit here and study, think about, and get set in my mind what's gonna happen... But, in all reality, if I don't take action when I'm out there plummeting toward earth, and pull that chute at about 2,000 feet... I'm gonna end up like Wile E. Coyote... An accordion.

That's the problem, I know what to do and when to do it, how to fix things, prevent things, even make things happen... But the action is not there. I don't pull that chute. So, now for the last four weeks of college, I live with my brother. And, I flush a whole lotta money I don't have... down the proverbial drain. I would like to make it all better and give myself some advice, like 'buck up little camper', but that's not helping. I always say that the key is to learn from mistakes... Move on, grow, adapt, overcome, and come out better in the end. Well, I'm about as good at that as I am at skydiving.

No comments: