Friday, December 02, 2005

To the Zoo! ...without you.

The Zoo
Without You
It could've been us two
You and I
At that zoo
But, when I went
I went without you.
We could've seen the Hippo, a monkey too
If I'd spent the day with you
At the zoo.

I really wish I'd taken you there
The Giraffes would've liked your curly hair
The Peacocks strutting all their flair
Would have been jealous
Of the time we'd share.
You know, together,
At the zoo.

We'd skip the snakes
(Don't want to see their dead skin flakes.
Instead we would feed the ducks
and the geese on the lakes
Maybe we could've
...brought some cakes?
No, they sell those
At the zoo.

Maybe during Christmas
Just me and you
We could both go
to the zoo.
Sure, it's not as neat as Boston
(but, it's a whole lot closer, too)
And, if you want we could meet others
At the zoo.

(Or... They could ride with us. That might work better. Who knows? But, I'm saying it might be fun for some friends to come along. Not as fun as Monopoly. But.. eh.)

Dickerson Park Zoo

No comments: