Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Return.

or Welcome Back, Cotter.
or Back in Black.
or Back in The Saddle.

That's right, I'm back in Springfield, Missouri. The Land of ...Not Much. Despite the city's inadequacy; an air excitement exudes from my very core. However, this excitement has little to do with my return, and more to do with the days before my departure. 'Specially that Wednesday, you know the one. If you don't, well... That Wednesday, it is the reason for this persistent grin I can't seem to shake.

Sooo... Anyway... I started back at Panera, pretty pumped about that. A lot of newbies there, but, most of my old friends are still kickin' it ...bread style? I just really wanted to say 'kickin' it' ...sorry. Ahem. Oh, I was in a wedding. Groomsman. My good friend Dan was the groom. And, I was his man. Err, I accompianied him. Not musically, although I was pushing for a piano solo. I stood with him. Well, on the steps really... Kinda behind/beside him. Catercornered at a 45° angle kinda deal. It was a nice wedding. Stephanie (the bride) looked great. And there was confetti cake afterward. As far as I know, you cannot go wrong with confetti cake.

I think I'll go for a drive now.

No comments: