Monday, September 05, 2005

Take three of these, and call me after the heart attack.

I fell asleep...




At a computer...




In the library...




I hit my head on the keyboard.

"Why In The World?" You ask? After several somewhat late nites spent talking... To a certain girl. In a certain state. Certainly far away from Missouri. I... The veritable genius that I am, decided to stay up late. Extremely late. Dang it, I didn't even go to sleep.

Of course, to make it all the more exciting, I had to open that oncoming morning.

Not only did I have to open. I had to prep, which means I would be wielding many sharp objects throughout the day. This could only mean trouble. What, I ask, rhetorically mind you. What could I do to ensure alertness, in this most beclouded hour. Yeah, I know, 'beclouded hour' makes little to know sense. But, I like The Blue Rajah. Well, when I feel I have reached that pinnacle of exhaustion, I know only one thing can sustain me, only one can pull me thru.

Coffee.

Ok, ok... You're right. I'm making it sound like I only drink coffee when I'm tired. Rest assured, I drink coffee much much much more often than that. However, this time I knew it wouldn't take a mere cup o' joe. No, sir. I made a double 'Shot in the Dark'. That's a cup of drip coffee, black of course. With a double-shot of espresso to top it off. Oh, and when I say I made A double 'Shot in the Dark' I mean three. On an empty stomach... Of course. I mentioned the genius-ness, didn't I? You could say I had a small case of the 'jitters' that morning. Of course, as we all know... Even the blessed wonder of a caffeine buzz wears off sometime, which brings us to me being in the library. Once my shift was over, I wanted to check my email and maybe write a few witty lines of prose, per usual. That plan was dashed to pieces; when I found myself drooling on the keyboard. I promptly headed on home to slumber.

...For the next eleven hours.

Did I learn anything from this? Yes, but I'm sure I'll forget it soon enuff. I always do.

No comments: